Title: Volunteer Secretary
Closing Deadline: 25th May
Accountable to: Chairman, Management Board and Members
Time Commitment: 6 to 10 hours per week
This is a key role which manages the Club’s administrative functions and coordination of its activities efficiently in accordance with agreed policy and in compliance with any football governance regulations laid down by the Kent County Football Association.
The role specifically requires :
- Working with the Assistant Secretary, to set an annual programme of meetings of the Management Board and ensure these are effectively managed in terms of agendas, minutes and follow up action.
- Working with the Chairman to develop policies and procedures to assist effective management of the Club.
- Take responsibility for handling correspondence relating to the Club and delegating where appropriate to other members of the Management Board.
- Loyalty and commitment to the Club’s core values and principles.
- Report to the Chairman and Vice Chairman on all matters relating to the Club.
- To manage Management Board meetings, agreeing the business for discussion, working closely with Assistant Secretary to ensure follow up action is taken.
- To provide administrative support to any sub-committees set up by the Management Board e.g. Independent Disciplinary Panel, Standards Sub-Committee etc.
- To ensure all correspondence is acknowledged, acted upon and filed to ensure easy retrieval.
- To support the work of Management Board members and provide assistance as necessary
- To maintain close liaison with the Finance Officer on income/expenditure and future budget requirements.
- To organise the Annual General Meeting ensuring any reports are prepared and circulated to Members.
- To provide support and guidance on Club policy and procedures.
- Strong loyalty to the Club’s aspirations and future programmes.
- Some proven relevant experience of managing a busy voluntary organisation, preferably involved in football.
- Ability to be able to lead and motivate others and work as part of a team.
- Proven track record of achievement in managing others.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality on personal and sensitive issues.